- Syndromic surveillance data of Cynda Crawford, DVM, PhD, University of Florida; Edward Dubovi, PhD, Cornell University; Sanjay Kapil, DVM, PhD, ACVIM, Oklahoma State University; Rhode Island State Veterinarian’s office; and IDEXX Laboratories. April 2012.
- Crawford C, Spindel M. Canine influenza. In: Miller L, Hurley K, eds. Infectious Disease Management in Animal Shelters. Ames, IA: Wiley-Blackwell; 2009:173-180.
- Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
- Beeler E. Influenza in dogs and cats. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2009;39:251-264.
- Canine influenza backgrounder. AVMA Website. Available at:
http://www.avma.org/public_health/influenza/canine_bgnd.asp. Published February 14, 2007. Accessed June 10, 2009.
- Canine influenza. The Center for Food Security & Public Health. College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University. Available at:
http://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/Factsheets/pdfs/canine_influenza.pdf. Updated January 13, 2009. Accessed May 7, 2009.
- Rezendes A. Influenza continues to affect dogs. JAVMA News. Available at:
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/sep08/080901s.asp. Published September 1, 2008. Accessed June 9, 2009.
- Canine influenza update. UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program Website. Available at:
http://www.sheltermedicine.com/shelter-health-portal/information-sheets/canine-influenza. Accessed June 9, 2009.
- Information sheet: Canine infectious tracheobronchitis. UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program Website. Available at:
http://www.sheltermedicine.com/shelter-health-portal/information-sheets/canine-infectious-respiratory-disease-complex-aka-kennel-co. Accessed June 10, 2009.
- Wheatley C. The detectives. Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Website. Available at:
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/news/cvmagazine/Fall04/detectives.pdf. Published Fall/Winter 2004. Accessed June 6, 2009.
- Dubovi EJ, Njaa BL. Canine influenza. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2008;38(4):827-335.
- NYS Animal Health Diagnostic Center at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Website. Available at:
http://diaglab.vet.cornell.edu/. Accessed June 5, 2009.
- Anderson TC, Thorson L, Pompey J, et al. Serological evidence for canine influenza virus circulation in racing greyhounds from 1999 to 2003. Paper presented at: American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 25th Annual Scientific Forum; June 6-9, 2007; Seattle, WA.
- Crawford PC, Dubovi EJ, Castleman WL, et al. Transmission of equine influenza virus to dogs. Science. 2005;310:482-485.
- Yoon K-Y, Cooper VL, et al. Influenza virus infection in racing greyhounds. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1974-1975.
- Canine influenza in Oregon. Oregon Veterinary Medical Association Website. Available at:
http://www.oregonvma.org/resources/documents/OVMANewsletterOctober2005.pdf. Published September/October 2005. Accessed July 13, 2009.
- Frazer J. 17 dogs tested positive but survived. Wyoming Tribune Eagle Website. Available at:
http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2006/05/28/news/import-107739.txt. Published May 28, 2006. Accessed July 13, 2009.
- Hinkamp D. Utah has first canine flu outbreak. Utah State University Extension Website. Available at:
http://extension.usu.edu/htm/news/articleID=2121. Published September 28, 2006. Accessed July 13, 2009.
- AVMA policy. Canine influenza virus vaccine need. AVMA Website. Available at:
http://www.avma.org/issues/policy/canine_influenza.asp. Accessed June 5, 2009.
- Health alert: Canine flu outbreak in New Jersey. Best Friends Network Website. Available at:
http://network.bestfriends.org/news/print.aspx?np=27140. Published July 15, 2008. Updated July 22, 2008. Accessed July 13, 2009.
- Hurley KF. Canine influenza: Now what? Animal Sheltering Website. Available at:
http://www.animalsheltering.org/resource_library/magazine_articles/the_scoop/canine_influenza_now_what.html. Accessed June 9, 2009.
- Key facts about canine influenza. CDC Website. Available at:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/canine. Accessed June 9, 2009.
- Tellier R. Review of aerosol transmission of influenza A virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1657-1662.
- Anderson TC, Katz JM, Gibbs EPJ, Crawford PC. Development of a hemagglutination inhibition assay for diagnosis of canine influenza virus infection. Paper presented at: 110th Annual Meeting USAHA and 49th Annual Conference of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians; October 12-18, 2006; Minneapolis, MN.
- Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute Website. Available at: http://www.clsi.org. Accessed June 4, 2009.
- Control of canine influenza in dogs-questions, answers, and interim guidelines. AVMA Website. Available at:
http://www.avma.org/public_health/influenza/canine_guidelines.asp. Updated December 1, 2005. Accessed June 9, 2009.
- Karaca K, Dubovi EJ, Siger L, et al. Evaluation of the ability of canarypox-vectored equine influenza virus vaccines to induce humoral immune responses against canine influenza viruses in dogs. Am J Vet Res. 2007;68(2):208-212.
- Brelje B. Canine influenza confirmed in the Poconos. Pocono Record Website. Available at:
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070801/NEWS/708010338. Published August 1, 2007. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- Clark T. Outbreak has killed 6 dogs in shelters. Philly.com Website. Available at:
http://ww.philly.com/philly/living/pets/46697347.html. Published June 2, 2009. Accessed July 13, 2009.
- Media briefing on canine influenza. CDC Website. Available at:
http://www.cdc.gov/media/transcripts/t050926.htm. Published September 26, 2005. Accessed June 6, 2009.
- Canine influenza. National Biosecurity Resource Center Website. Available at:
http://www.biosecuritycenter.org/article/canineFlu. Accessed June 9, 2009.
- Deshpande M, Abdelmagid O, Tubbs A, Jayappa H, Wasmoen T. Experimental reproduction of canine influenza virus H3N8 infection in young puppies. Vet Ther. 2009;10(1-2):29-39.
- Deshpande MS, Jirjis FF, Tubbs AL, et al. Evaluation of the efficacy of a canine influenza virus (H3N8) vaccine in dogs following experimental challenge. Vet Ther. 2009;10(3):103-112.
- Larson LJ, Henningson J, Sharp P, et al. Efficacy of the canine influenza virus H3N8 vaccine to decrease severity of clinical disease after cochallenge with canine influenza virus and Streptococcus equi subsp. zooepidemicus. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18(4):559-564.